On 23 May 2015 at 18:35, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:

> Plenty EV'ers have found out that their EV is their main vehicle, that
> it suits 90+% of their driving needs and they either rent, borrow or
> share a long-range vehicle for the rare occasion.

Or use mass transit - if you can.

If I'm not mistaken, in most European cities, and even in a lot of semi-
rural areas, there's usually a train station within EV range.  I don't know
what the parking situation is at train stations, but assuming that's
possible, you should be able to handle a lot of your long distance travel
that way.

I suppose you might consider going by train to be less convenient, because
you may have to change trains.  IMO that's offset by the fact that on the
way you can relax, read, work, or sleep.  You'll arrive refreshed instead of
frazzled from traffic.  To me that's worth a lot.

Unfortunately, here in the US, we don't seem have mass transit that supports
this scheme.  We do have buses. I've tried to use them.   Maybe it's better
in big cities, but I ran into problems with the bus stations being too far
away for EV range, and with parking at the bus stations.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator