On 08/23/2015 02:49 PM, Ben Goren via EV wrote:
On Aug 23, 2015, at 11:45 AM, John Lussmyer <cou...@casadelgato.com> wrote:

On Sun Aug 23 11:25:05 PDT 2015 ev@lists.evdl.org said:
Even the worst full-sized gasoline-powered motorcycle is going to get better
fuel economy than the best econobox
That particular part of your statement is incorrect.
I used to ride a 1000cc motorcycle that got 30mpg.
Seriously? Was it properly tuned? Did you drive it at less than wide-open
throttle and / or triple-digit speeds? Did you have a thousand-pound sidecar
hooked up to it?

I used to ride Kawasaki H-2s. 750 cc, 300-350 pounds as I recall. I VERY rarely got more than 30mpg. It was quite hard to ride them slowly. I did get close to 50 mpg when I could hold it to 50-55 mph. As I recall, a 3.5 gallon tank had to be filled every 100 miles or so.