This is the only car group I know.  So pardon the off-topic post.

A young kid with a minicooper flagged me down to jump start his car.  I
told him, I’d be happy to if he could figure out how to use my 400V pack….

Then I asked, well, have you tried just rolling it and popping the clutch
to get it started.  He looked at me with blank stare.  I smugly said, sure,
it’s a stick shift, so we just get it rolling and pop the clutch and it
will start.

It wouldn’t.  Then I began to realize, that all the cars I have done this
with in the past DID NOT HAVE ANY CPU’s in them.  IE, all you have to do is
get a spark, not power up and entire network of computers before the motor
will even begin to consider the “starting process”.

So is this true?  That we can no longer pop-start a modern car with a dead
battery?

My son (too cheap to buy a new battery) still does it frequently with his
pre-cpu Geo-Tracker, in fact we just did it last week.

I’m just too old for all these newfangled hurdles…

Bob