From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Rush Dougherty via EV
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:15 PM
To: 'Electric Vehicle Discussion List'
Cc: Rush Dougherty
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Adding J1772 Plug to a conversion

Hi Damon,

All the Level II EVSE's are 220-208vac only, no 120vac at all. The J1772 Spec
does not allow for a neutral. The level II J1772 Plug has hot, hot and ground
only, no neutral. If you try to use the ground as a neutral the EVSE will fault.
That being said Chargepoint does have an EVSE with a 120vac 5-15 plug in it,
but you still have to access the network to open access door and there are
actually very few of them around.

So unless you have a 240vac capable charger for your truck, you won't be able
to use the Public EVSE's (unless you have a 240 to 120 transformer).

I do have a J1772 Adapter Box on my website that will communicate with the
J1772 EVSE's to enable charging from them.

Rush Dougherty
Tucson AZ 85719
www.TucsonEV.com

stations.  Does
> anyone know of specific websites  or Discussion Forum threads I should
> check
out.   I
> currently require a 120 volt 20 amp circuit to power my modular
> charging
solution, but I may
> also look into adding a more traditional series charging solution if I
> feel it
would work better.