Leaf cars are pretty solid otherwise. (Well, IIRC, there are some reports
from ~2012/2013 in the Leaf forums of diodes failing in the onboard charger
when used with some early EVSEs that turned out to be incompatible.)

On Dec 12, 2018 20:28, "George Tyler via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

I am thinking, it all depends on what is acceptable range? 50% loss over 5
years, so in a year it's 40%, 2 year 30%, so probably not worth paying
NZ$10k (US$6,600) for?

-----Original Message-----
From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Willie via EV
Sent: 13 December, 2018 11:39 AM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: Willie
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Buying a leaf, SOH, GID etc

On 12/12/18 4:33 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:

> Is this not the case with lithium?  Is a lithium battery with 68% of spec
> capacity still considered usable?

There are a LOT of Leafs driving around with less than 50%.  Nissan
invariably tells the owners that it is normal and to be expected.

I haven't seen, or had direct knowledge of, a Tesla going below about
90%.  However, Tesla repairs/replaces a lot of batteries presumably
because of dead cells or other problems that the owners may not notice.