Not sure if you understood the previous 2 messages, the Zener diode will
drain your battery, and a diode will not stop it from overcharging. I
really suggest to use the right tool for the job, $3.25 for a
constant-current constant-voltage converter isn't much cost to save your
battery pack from being killed prematurely, or at worst preventing a
fire/destruction by overcharging:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPK0IKQ

- Justin