From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of EVDL Administrator via EV
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 09:12
To: Peri Hartman <pe...@kotatko.com>; Electric Vehicle Discussion List
<ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: EVDL Administrator <evp...@drmm.net>
Subject: [External] Re: [EVDL] George's farm truck/van EV project

On 17 Jun 2020 at 1:12, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:

> Mercedes, Toyota, and Ford. The latter two probably have the best
> chance of meeting the hauling niche. Whether any of them actually do
> what is rumored, ...

Funny the reputation Mercedes has in the US.  From my admittedly casual
exposure, It seems quite different in Europe.  I don't know that I'd say
they're any less likely to develop a substantial hauler than the other two.

Whether it and anything else that the other major automakers develop shows up
in the US is, IMO, a bigger question mark.  Much of their EV effort is focused
on the EU and Asia these days.  Those are the places that are REQUIRING EVs,
and offering significant incentives for them.  And that is where EVs are
selling.  Renault's second largest selling vehicle in January (before the
epidemic hit) was an EV.

Let's hope that I'm being too pessimistic about the US EV future.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.evdl.org/help/__;!!CvttNVKvMsQ7MGjF!qO2_CsKlDa3LGrDoTpheAN0yIaCQtK7S3u7WPe3ZriYsZGBKZUpZQ9NPEC5DzoValDNjwmDKwBzdCXA$
Note: mail sent to "evpost" and "etpost" addresses will not reach me.  To send
a private message, please obtain my email address from the webpage
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.evdl.org/help/__;!!CvttNVKvMsQ7MGjF!qO2_CsKlDa3LGrDoTpheAN0yIaCQtK7S3u7WPe3ZriYsZGBKZUpZQ9NPEC5DzoValDNjwmDKwBzdCXA$
  .
 )