On 25 Jun 2020 at 16:35, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

> So buyer beware. Documentation not included.

Yeah, that costs extra.

If you want instructions for this cheap stuff, you buy the same cheap stuff
from an importer  in the West.  If you've chosen well, the seller will have
written up reasonably clear instructions.  He'll mark up the product to pay
himself for his time.  Wouldn't you?

If you're REALLY lucky, maybe he'll even let you call or email with
questions.  That might cost still more, heaven forbid.

Sometimes you can find somebody in a web forum who's figured one of these
direct-from-the-sweatshop cheapies out.  The time to look for that is BEFORE
you buy.  And then you may or may not be able to get the same gadget the
online guy documented.  Turnover of these Chinese manufacturers can be
quick, and the regularly re-engineer them to make them cheaper and more
profitable to build.

All this messing around takes time.  How much is your time worth?  Did you
save enough on the BMS's price to pay for that time?

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     I am the one with no secrets. They [the Chinese government] have
     secrets. It is only because they have secrets that they can imagine
     everyone else having them too.

                                        -- Ai Weiwei