From: "Mr. Sharkey via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "Mr. Sharkey" <mrshar...@juno.com>
Sent: 09-Jul-20 12:53:40 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] LiFePO4

> 90% of my driving is local, 90% of my driving is EV.
> That's not 100%; but the perfect is the enemy of the good.
> I'm not willing to pay the Tesla premium
> for a perfect 100% EV solution.

If more people realized this, more of them would purchase EV's.

I'm frequently asked by interested people about my car's range. Answering with
a mileage figure is always a disappointment for them. They expect a sound byte
answer that will satisfy all their driving needs. Anything less is a complete
denial of the usefulness of the vehicle.

It takes longer to explain that the car fulfills a large percentage of my
commuting and hauling needs. If it's snowing, or I need to tow a trailer, or
climb to a mountain-top transmitter site, I take my 4x4 pickup ICE. If I need
to take off for a weekend at a friend's beach house, and need more range and
speed, I take my diesel Rabbit. Is the EV a perfect solution to every need? No,
no tool ever is. I insure three vehicles, which is the downside to having a
wide range of transportation needs. That's my penalty for having an active
life. Renting and ICE for those times the EV won't serve would make a lot of
sense, if there was such a service available locally.