On 16 Mar 2021 at 19:29, (-Phil-) via EV wrote:

> I have literally touched thousands of salvage Teslas ... there is a very
> high success rate. (>99%)   Many of these cars are no longer connected
> to Tesla's servers, and operate just fine.

That's good news!

> I have created a new backend replacement for Tesla's "mothership" that
> allows the same functionality that a connected car offers.

Is it server software that could be installed anywhere?  Could a Tesla owner
install it on his own internet-connected computer, and then crack the
Tesla's software so the Tesla speaks only with that computer?

> I can assure you that a Tesla will still drive fine even if it can't "phone
> home".  Of course, you lose some of the connected features.

Again, good news.

> Surprisingly, once you have access to the internal diagnostic data,
> Teslas are easy and fun to work on ...Too bad that Tesla works REALLY
> hard to keep that secret and unavailable to their customers.

I hope that Tesla don't either find a way to block that access, or take some
kind of legal action against you.  They may have the DMCA on their side,
unfortunately.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my