Here's one of the reasons Tesla is better: lower drag coefficient. Why does that matter ? At freeway speeds that means more range per kWh. And that means a smaller battery to be competitive. And that means less weight, which also increases range.

Cd
Tesla 3: 0.23
Tesla Y: 0.23
Tesla X: 0.24

Subaru Solterra: 0.28
Toyota bZ4X: 0.26
Audi e-tron: 0.28
volvo xc40: 0.34
ford mustang: 0.30
Chevy Bolt EUV: 0.31
Huyndai Ioniq 5: 0.29
Kia EV6: 0.28
Mazda MX-30: 0.29
Nissan Ariya: 0.30
Volkswagen ID.4 : 0.28

I wish Tesla would come out with an off road model. One that has hydraulic (or servo) suspension lifters so that it can cruise low on the freeway and then lift high for avoiding rocks and ruts on mountain roads. Add to that tires with enough sidewall for same. In spite of Musk, when they do, "I'm down."

Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>