> On Jan 13, 2024, at 9:38 AM, Mr. Sharkey via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>
>  Sure, put the setup and deep adjustments behind a screen, but if I want to
> control the heater, radio (I know, obsolete...) or wipers, let me just reach
> for the hardware control and continue to concentrate on driving (I know, also
> obsolete once FSD is a "reality”).

Actually, all I have to do on my Tesla Y is use my thumb to push the right hand
knob on the steering wheel and tell the car what I want to do with the climate
control (“increase fan speed by 2” or “increase temperature by 3 degrees”).  So
I don’t have to reach for anything or take my eyes off of the road to adjust
the climate control. That’s one advantage of having the “screen-based”
controls.

I know that the controls are different than the hardware-based ones. I’ve been
driving for over 50 years and it only took me a few minutes to understand and
work the new controls.  Now they seem much easier to use. That said, Teslas may
not be ideal as rental vehicles for those folks who don’t own one.

John
John Blair
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/