To be clear:  Tesla's with "one pedal" mode (called "hold") uses regen
until low speeds where it's not enough, then uses the iBooster to apply
hydraulic brakes.   It fades in the hydraulic almost perfectly, and holds
the brakes firmly on even with no feet touching pedals until you press the
accelerator again.