On 1/13/24 11:38, Mr. Sharkey via EV wrote:
> all the buttons, stalks, switches, etc that mimic
> obsolete cars and satisfies those with such fetishes.

Exactly how is having commonly used controls that are needed for the safe operation of a vehicle right out in plain sight and easily adjusted without requiring the driver to take eyes off the road a "fetish"? C'mon, Willie look at what you just wrote!

Seems more like Tesla is masturbating with technology in order to appear more modern than anything. Sure, put the setup and deep adjustments behind a screen, but if I want to control the heater, radio (I know, obsolete...) or wipers, let me just reach for the hardware control and continue to concentrate on driving (I know, also obsolete once FSD is a "reality").

Making vehicles with intuitive control layout is a safety feature. Maybe Tesla will switch the brake and accelerator pedals just to be "unique"?

Thanks, you've made your bias clear.  BUT, there are FAR more EV drivers that appreciate the value of Teslas, as they show by buying them, than all other, non-Tesla, EVs combined.  You seem to argue that development of automobiles is near complete with no need to consider other ways of doing things.  Tesla (and some other EVs) has made the brake pedal near obsolete.  Indeed, we seem to be on the cusp of making human drivers obsolete.

BTW, a few years ago, I gave you a batch of mostly "miniBMS" balancing modules.  I have recently seen another batch.  Do you want them?  Condition unknown but likely mostly bad.

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/