Hi Phil etc,
When Tesla says pre conditioning the battery prior to a supercharger is it
cooling the battery to say 60F since the charging process heats it up?

Also why does Tesla (and other EVs like my Leaf and Bolt) disable the regen
below freezing?  It draws 100s of amps when driving, you think putting back the
same would be ok for the battery, coming or going shouldn’t matter?

NBC News last night said Chicago Tesla drivers had to wait at the Supercharger
for an hour or so (wouldn’t allow them to charge till battery warmed up).  I
haven’t experienced this at 10F but up there it was 2F.  Is this a real issue
or just the news getting it wrong (again).
Best regards
Mark

Sent from my iPhone
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/