Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Evangelism] Plone Messaging
From: "JoAnna Springsteen (via Nabble)"
<ml-user+34658-1154751...@n2.nabble.com>
Date: Sat, May 09, 2009 7:20 pm
To: ctxlken <ken.wase...@contextualcorp.com>

 > Documentation is still an issue and I think the board needs to consider
> hiring someone to manage that area (like we do our release manager).
The > documenation team is great and hard working but everyone has to work
> full-time and can only dedicate xx amount of time (I keep trying to >
contribute but time and life get in the way, which I know is true for >
everyone). Paying a manager for the documentation section isn't going to solve
the root of the problem: we don't have enough people contributing correct
documentation that is broad enough to apply to most use cases of Plone. If you
want to pay someone to do documentation, pay them to write it, not to manage
the section. ( and no, that is not a viable solution either) The majority of
our doc Editors are doing a better job than anyone could have expected. I'm not
inclined to change how we're operating until we've completed our current work.
Plus, paying someone doesn't change the fact that we are busy with work and
have lives outside of work and Plone. Doesn't really solve any of the issues we
have with documentation, in my not so humble opinion.