<.snip>
One thing we could probably do better is to communicate this outwards.
There's been a resurgence of interest from the press in Plone lately, so I'm
hoping to get this stuff published in publications outside of just the
Ploniverse too.
<./snip>
+1

This is improving with heavy involvement by sixfeetup (and gabrielle's
marketing background)
There is still a slight rift between dev and integration (aka getting info
to those of us who actually implement the changes in client sites on a daily
basis) but it has improved dramatically. I (and others like me) may not
contribute code to the core but we do work with Plone on a daily basis (the
actual integrators/users) and we are put to the test based on the code Plone
provides us.

Documentation is still an issue and I think the board needs to consider
hiring someone to manage that area (like we do our release manager).  The
documenation team is great and hard working but everyone has to work
full-time and can only dedicate xx amount of time (I keep trying to
contribute but time and life get in the way, which I know is true for
everyone). In the meantime our core code is improving and changing and our
documenation cannot keep up. I'm not sure what the solution is but there has
to be a way to match them up somehow. It doesn't do a darn bit of good to
have a solid release if the developers/integrators are scratching their
heads or spending hours trying to figure out why they can't add a viewlet to
their site . We still have issues with "assuming" that people will just
"know" how to do it. Or because we know it that it's "easy". The 2.5 to 3.0
debacle is an example. I'm finally coming up for air after being submerged
in learning the new way to theme Plone sites. Will this change again in 4.0?
I see improvements all over the place, new great products to make working
with Plone much easier. Hopefully we can tie them altogether.

I've seen a huge amount of interest in Plone lately and that's an exciting
development. We (c2e) are heading into our second large project with
Stanford and the interest in training is increasing. I think if we can
expand our piece of the pie (market share) Plone'll have more resources at
its disposal.

I just want to say thanks to Six Feet Up (and others like Nate -Jazkarta)
for working so hard to get the type of exposure Plone needs. Wish I had the
resources but I'm doing what I can (it's just little ole me)! Next step is
to turn the Bay Area around and get more companies out here using Plone!

-Donna

coming soon! c2etraining.com