Nate,

This is great to see we're headed in the right direction, but I think the fact I am saying that, says we're not there yet and is why Plone isn't looked at as 'Enterprise' just yet.

Nice job on the post, Sally. Actually, I had seen it recently, but couldn't recall who/where it was posted, sorry. When I was at CMS Expo last Spring, I saw an Alfresco presentation on CMIS and their integration with Drupal or Joomla as a front-end. That was the first I had seen a CMIS presentation in the open source world. Was obvious Alfresco gets how to target Enterprise and being a Sharepoint replacement for the non-MS crowd and/or pro-Java or pro-anything else crowd.

Great to see these developments, though!  See you tonight at Gilbane?

Ken

Nate Aune wrote:
b) CMIS:
 http://www.optaros.com/blogs/alfresco-drupal-cmis-integration-available

Did you see Sally's blog post on CMIS and Plone?
http://blog.jazkarta.com/2009/10/27/plone-web-services-what-about-cmis/

5) Terabyte storage solutions.  Documentum and their DMS-based ilk have
handled this for years.  How many large-scale storage Plone case studies are
there on plone.net?  Many a time, Plone integrators can't discuss the few
successes that may exist here.  Hopefully, this story improves with BLOB
storage in Plone 4.

Sasha recently wrote a blog post about large repositories of data
being served up from Plone using plone.app.blob.
http://valentinewebsystems.com/en/blog/plone-powers-50gb-of-environmental-data

We're currently working on a project to build a digital asset
management system using Plone, which will be serving terabytes of
data.

Nate