Joel wrote (in part):

>By the way... I'm curious why we are using the example of "white"
>rabbits.  White rabbits are quite common in the laboratory.  Is that
>why we use them as an example?  Because they are uncommon in nature?

Look at:

http://www.escribe.com/science/theory/m2636.html

The white rabbits we talk about own waistcoat-pockets. This is
supposed to be uncommon in *realities* ... Well that is what we try to
show.

We believe in everything but not to much :-).

Everything theories (computationalist or not) must explain the relative
rarity of relatively (to here and now) consistent weird phenomema.