--- Russell Standish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jacques Mallah wrote:
> >Russell Standish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > As has been previously mentioned, the RSSA is
> > > simply measure conditional upon the observer
> > > being who it/he/she is.

> > > I would not be so sure about this!
> >
> > See the first quote.  How do you reconcile that?
>
> I'm not so convinced there is a conflict. Perhaps
> you'd like to demonstrate it.

    The conflict is obvious.  Given M(x|y) and
M(x'|y'), where x,x' are characteristics and y,y' are
"observers", does not tell you M(x)/M(x').

> >     The real difference is that you refuse, by
> > some trick of doublethink, to apply Bayesian
> > reasoning to age and across different observers.
>
> I seem to remember spending several weeks in fierce
> debate with you doing precisely this.

    That's what's known as a false memory, since it
never happenned.  We did argue, but you never were
willing to do the above.  In fact your argument was
that doing so was supposed to be wrong somehow.

=====
               Jacques Mallah ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
         Physicist  /  Many Worlder  /  Devil's Advocate
"I know what no one else knows" - 'Runaway Train', Soul Asylum
         My URL: http://hammer.prohosting.com/~mathmind/