Actually, James, I read something wild into your sentence, interpreting "competition"
as the
selection mechanism. That does strike me as more promising than Occam's razor. I am
in pursuing this line of thought as a means of selecting not only ideas perceived to
be correct,
but also universes.

Anthropic compatibility has traditionally been the criterion to select observed
universes. It
does not appear feasible to apply this analogously to ideas, though. But perhaps white
are naturally disfavored in this scheme?