[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Great Fred, I had exactly the same thought. The selection of ideas, just like
> the selection of life forms, does not have to follow Occam. Otherwise we
> would still be slime in the mud.
>
> Anthropic selection is yet another kind of selection.
>
> While natural selection (selection of the individual by the world) is 3rd
> person effect, anthropy (selection of the world by the individual) is a 1st
> person effect. They are identical except that the frame of reference is
> different.

Interesting. This is exactly what I assert in my "Evolution in the
Multiverse"
paper. (http://parallel.hpc.unsw.edu.au/rks/pubs.html). Any comments
on that paper would be appreciated.

                                                Cheers

Dr. Russell Standish                     Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965