George Levy wrote:

> --------------97E70CB715203FAEFF2A2345
>
> I said:
>
> >First person observation of consciousness is the self observing the self, or
> >possibly part of the self observing other parts of the self.
>
> Let me add to this previous post the following,  which is relevant in the context
> of the MWI.
>
> Any object can be viewed from the first person or from the third person
> perspective. Let me explain.
>
> If the object does not exert any contingency on the existence of the observer, then
> the first and third person perspectives coincide.

Yes - except in this case 3rd person means "can be agreed upon by all
other human observers". There is quite possibly no absolute 3rd person
position that all observers can agree upon.

Dr. Russell Standish                     Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965