Dear Juergen:

I certainly currently agree with the idea that a particular universe is a
cellular automaton but one that is subject to true noise from an external
source.  This does not preclude universes that are internally computational
rather they are required to balance those that are not [no selection
allowed].  Universes that are internally computational nevertheless are
subject to true noise by the need to avoid an information selection within
the everything.  With either universe the true noise destroys the prior
universe on some scale.

Absent this true noise feature I do not see how one can have a zero
information ensemble and I seem to be able to forge such an ensemble with it.

I believe this idea of the universe being the result of chance plus
necessity goes at least back to Democritus around 400 B.C.

Then of course there is the Bible:

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor
the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor riches to men
of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance
happeneth to them all."

Ecclesiastes; 9:11-12

If I might be so bold: if my model is viable then it seems that here the
Bible points to a zero information ensemble.

The cellular automaton engine for any universe need be no more "logical"
than a lookup table giving the next state of a central cell as a function
of the current state of its neighbors, its own current state,  plus true
noise in some engines.

Yours

Hal