--- 1Z <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Two centuries ago, people weren't able to figure
> > out *how* complex living beings could have emerged
> from simple
> > and inert matter and they thought too that this
> was impossible
> > and that they had to choose another default
> "explanation".
>
> Two centuries ago people thought they could build
> perpetual motion
> machines
> and square the circle. There is no guarantee that
> things we cannot
> figure out now
> will be figured out in the future.

Pter, to 'figure out' that something which was an idea
in the past is not really among the presently existing
"all possible" cases - (right or wrong)
IS a valid way of "figuring out'.
It still may be an insufficent basis for a decision.
Postpone final judgement to the time when we achieved
'omniscience'.

Humbly yours

John M