Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
> Bruno Marchal writes:
>  > > This is not to say that my mind can or should overcome [Lee Corbin
>  > > disagrees on the "should"] the deeply ingrained belief or illusion
>  > > that I am a unique, one-track individual living my life from start to
>  > > finish,
>  >
>  >
>  > Here you really talk about the third person extrapolation, so I agree
>  > with you. But the first person is not deceive by its feeling of living
>  > uniquely in time and space. It could be dangerous to say so, because it
>  > leads to (materialism) eliminativism which eventually conclude that the
>  > whole first person thing is an illusion. This leads to a deeply wrong
>  > sense of "human"-irresponsibility. Well, it is a negation of the first
>  > person. I can be sure it is wrong, as I bet you can too.
>
> I would say that the 1st person experience is *not* an illusion in any
> sense of the word. It is the very opposite, in a way: the most real
> thing, which cannot be doubted. But extrapolating to other people or
> other selves in the past, future, coming out of the teleporter or
> whatever, that is another matter.

I agree.  Other people are part of the model of the world we form.  And in the
same way the
existence of myself, as a durable entity, is also a part of that model.

Brent Meeker
The person I was when I was 3 years old is dead. He died because
too much new information was added to his brain.
          -- Saibal Mitra