Le 08-juil.-06, à 22:10, 1Z a écrit :

> Bruno Marchal wrote:
>> I am just saying that I have faith in the fact that the number 17 is
>> prime, independently of me.
> That "17 is prime" is true, independent of you?
> Or that 17 exists, independent from you, as a a prime number. ?

A priori the first one: " [17 is prime] is  independent of me". But now
I accept also the first order predicate rule that if someone prove "17
is prime", he can infer "Ex(x is prime)", so that I can take the
proposition "it exists a number which is prime" as independent of me
I don't interpret "numbers existence" in any substantial way like if
there was a place and a time where you can observe the number 17
sitting on some chair ...