David Nyman wrote:
> Brent Meeker wrote:
>>So you want an explanation in terms of the "underlying physics" - the physics
>>of the really > real reality.  And how will you know when you've found it?
> It seems to me that comp precisely asserts (and can putatively prove)
> such a 'really real reality' from which observable physics emerges. In
> fact, it demonstrates the necessary relativity between (possibly
> nested) 'sandwiches' of Qualitative Reality and Observable Reality.  In
> the comp account, this is responsible for the following jaw-dropping
> implications:
> 1) QR (1-person pov) is recursively prior to OR (3-person relata), to
> which it stands in the logical relation of a medium to the symbols
> embodied in it. Consequently, of course, OR cannot *cause* QR, although
> it must correlate with it (hence your observations about neural
> correlates etc.).

But it's still a model, one based on arithmetic rather than matter, and the
only way to judge whether it is a good model to see how it corresponds with
"mere appearance"; just like we test QM, general relativity, and every other
theory.  It *might* be the really real model - but so might any other model
that fits all the data.

Brent Meeker