Russell Standish wrote:

>Well there is a reason we don't observe them, due to observational
>selection effects tied to Occam's razor. This is written up in my "Why
>Occams Razor" paper. Nobody has shot down the argument yet, in spite
>of it being around on this list since 1999, and in spite of it being
>published since 2004.

The basic problem I have with this proposal is the starting assumption,
where you say that the "natural measure induced on the ensemble of bitstring
is the uniform one." This sort of assumption is made by a number of TOEs
including Schidhuber's, but it always seemed fairly arbitrary to me, not
much different in principle from assuming that the measure produced by the
laws of physics in our universe (which, under the MWI, will probably include
some instances of every possible finite computation in some branch or
another) should be taken as a starting point. I posted on this issue in one
of my first posts on this list:

http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list/browse_thread/thread/0d5915764b7f3e08/fc56caf79ce58750?#fc56caf79ce58750

Jesse