  From: Stathis Papaioannou
  To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:46 PM
  Subject: Re: Evidence for the simulation argument
  SP wrote to BM:
  How so?  The Many Worlds idea seems to imply that you survive no matter what.
The consequences of natural selection obtain only within worlds which are
law-like - and we're back to the white rabbit problem.

  You survive if a sufficiently close analogue of your mind survives. This can
theoretically happen in many ways other than the obvious one (survival of your
physical body): in parallel worlds, in a distant part of our own world if it is
infinite in extent, in the Turing machine at the end of time. The white rabbit
universes are a problem: since we don't observe them, maybe these theories are
wrong, or maybe there is some other reason why we don't observe them.

  Stathis Papaioannou