On 26/06/07, Russell Standish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

RS:  This sounds to me like you're paraphrasing Bruno's programme.

DN:  Yes, but I only realised this after I'd painfully thunk myself into it
during my exchange with Brent.  But I think I learned something in the
process, even tho' I'm not exactly sure what.

RS:  The only snag is how you can eliminate the possibility of a
non-functionalist model also explaining the same set of physical laws.

DN:  I suppose so.

RS:  In fact the "God did it" model probably indicates this can't be done.

DN:  But would having the possibility of two entirely different causal
accounts of the same thing be bug or a feature?