Le 15-sept.-07, à 15:25, Rolf Nelson a écrit :

> If I understand the Measure Problem correctly, we wonder why we find
> ourselves in a "Goldilocks Universe" of stars and galaxies rather than
> a simpler universe consisting solely of blackbody radiation, or a more
> complex, unpredictable Harry Potter universe.

This is the ASSA (Absolute Self Sample Assumption) version of the
measure problem. In this case, physicalism *does* provide a solution
under the form of QM, which explains well the rarity of *THIRD person
white rabbits*, through the idea of Everett + decoherence. Alas,
Everett has to postulate a computationalist theory of mind, which makes
unavoidable the first and third person distinction, and which, by that
way, introduces the *FIRST person white rabbits*, and those 1-rabbits
are not a priori eliminated through the quantum interferences; unless
you derive the quantum interference from the winning general
computations in the deployement of the UD work (UD = Universal
dovetailer, not Hal Finney's UD which is typical ASSA use of an
*Universal Distribution* (closer two the second paper of Schmidhuber
based on computable probability distribution than to anything related
to the 1-3 distinction).
What QM do very well is to explain notion of 1-person plural from
1-person through the division of subject (à-la Washington/Moscow) into
division of population of subjects (by contagion of superpositions), by
entangling the quantum histories. QM can do that thanks to its double
linearity (linearity of the tensor product, and linearity of
evolution). A priori comp should completely failed on that, but then
what I have done is showing that the nuance brought by the
incompleteness phenomenon, gives much room to doubt that comp is
already refuted. But then again, we have to extract the double
linearity from comp without postulating QM, if we want keep comp, or
even just QM (without collapse).