Marc, please, allow me to write in plain language - not using those
fancy words of these threads.
Some time ago when the discussion was in commonsensically more
understandable vocabulary, I questioned something similar
to Günther, as pertaining to "numbers" - the alleged generators of
'everything' (physical, quality, ideation, process, you name it).
As Bruno then said: the positive integers do that - if applied in
sufficiently long expressions. (please, Bruno, correct this to a
bottom-low simplification) - I did not follow that and was promised
some more explanatory text in "not so technical" language. The
discussion over the past some weeks is even "more technical" for me.
Is not the distinction relevant what I hold, that there are two kinds
of 'number'-usage: the (pure, theoretical Math and the in sciences -
(quantity related) - "applied math" - that uses the formalism (the
results, even logics) of 'Math' to exercise 'math'? (Cap vs lower m)

Geometry seems to be in between(????) and symmetry can be both, I think.

I am no physicist AND no mathematician, (not even a logician), so I
pretend to keep an objective eye on things in which I am not
prejudiced by knowledge. (<G>).

John M