On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 03:37:10PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> Thanks Russell.
> About the use of "asshole" I am afraid it is more popular, or vulgar,
> than I thought. You are very kind to tell me.
> Should I use "dumb" instead? The idea consists in not attributing

No "dumb" is the wrong word. Dumb people can of course be quite
creative (literally dumb means not able to speak, but derogatively it
also means "stupid", which is a slight on dumb people).

I would have gone with something like "mindless robot" - although this
has problems of implying artificiality. Perhaps "mindless servant" -
you want to get across the idea of following orders to the letter
without question.

Doesn't "trou de cul" have a similar meaning to "arsehole" in French? I
suspect the closer translation might be "connard" though.