Gunther,

Let me further clarify:

The problem with Bayesianism is that there is no precise definition of
'simplicity' and 'complexity' for finite strings, which is needed to
effectively apply the principle of Occam's razor.  To elaborate:

(a)  There is no measure of simplicity/complexity for finite strings
(b)  There is no way to justify why compressed descriptions of
theories should be favored (Occam's razor)

We then apply Schmidhuber's theory of beauty.  According to
Schmidhuber:

"Schmidhuber's Beauty Postulate (1994-2006): Among several patterns
classified as "comparable" by some subjective observer, the
subjectively most beautiful is the one with the simplest (shortest)
description, given the observer's particular method for encoding and
memorizing it. See refs [1-5]"

 http://www.idsia.ch/~juergen/beauty.html

Then, its clear that (a) and (b) are in fact being resolved via
aesthetic judgements.