2008/11/30 Kory Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Nov 29, 2008, at 7:52 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
>> Threeness, computations and consciousness
>> exist eternally and necessarily, and can't be created, destroyed or
>> localised.
> I understand (I think) how threeness and computations exist eternally
> in Platonia, but I don't understand your Platonic notion of
> consciousness. Even after the move to Platonia, I'm still viewing
> consciousness as something fundamentally computational. Are you?

Yes, and I think of consciousness as an essential side-effect of the
computation, as addition is an essential side-effect of the sum of two
numbers. But I don't have a clear idea of what a Platonic object
actually *is*: all I can think about are the shadows of the Platonic
forms encountered in the physical world.

Stathis Papaioannou