Nice! I did refer often to the Saibal Mitra backtracking procedure (in
immortality discussions). I will take a further look on your paper.
If valid, it should work in the comp frame. Amnesia could lead you to
the "original singularity", which could be a kind of blind spot of
"universal consciousness", except that with comp such a singularity
should looks like a "little Mandelbrot" set, at first sight, I mean
something like a compact view of a universal dovetailing.

On 10 Mar 2009, at 19:55, Saibal Mitra wrote:

> I've written up a small article about the idea that you could end up
> in a
> different sector of the multiverse by selective memory erasure. I had
> written about that possibility a long time ago on this list, but now
> I've
> made the argument more rigorous.

To post to this group, send email to