Ronald,

Right, I think that is what he implied and it is something I agree with.
 There is only so much that can be learned about this universe, and physical
exploration by locomotion or even observation is limited in many ways.
 Rather than moving around to other places to see what can be, with an
appropriate understanding of the physical laws one could create any
configuration of matter they wanted.  Simulate biology and evolution to find
out what kinds of life might be out there; if the universe is infinitely
large, then simulation is more than just imagination, one would be
discovering things which are actually real, somewhere.  The physical laws
and the possible configurations of matter are also a small part of what is
possible.  Mathematics and simulation are two tools which provide a window
into what exists in other universes.  If all possible universes exist then
imagination is the ultimate form of exploration.  Ultimately, the limits of
consciousness itself, will be explored.  What is it that can be perceived,
felt, experienced, by conscious minds.  This inward exploration may be every
bit as rich as the "outward" exploration of
simulating/modeling/analyzing possible structures.

Jason