Ron,

I think the most convincing approach is to start with how unlikely a
universe with life is.  I like how Loenard Susskind explains it here:

http://www.closertotruth.com/video-profile/Is-the-Universe-Fine-Tuned-for-Life-and-Mind-Leonard-Susskind-/431

There are a few other approaches, such as how mathematical the universes
is.  "The unreasonable effectiveness of math", as well as the many 10^500 or
perhaps infinite number of solutions to string theory, and also the
informational simplicity of all possible structures existing.  You can liken
that simplicity it to a block of stone before it is sculpted.  All possible
sculptures exist within that block of stone, but only by adding information
through chiseling, can one restrict from the infinite possibilities down to
one structure.  Therefore if the lack of any information leaves open all
possibility.  (as in Russell Standish's theory of nothing)  If there is no
force or entity that comes along to carve from all possible existence a
single existence, then all possible structures continue to exist.

I think the fine tuning argument is the strongest, if you can demonstrate
that the chances of a universe having the right laws to support evolving
life is less than 1 in a billion for example, then the likelihood of a huge
or infinite number of universes existing is overwhelming.

Jason