On Jul 23, 12:21 am, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> "Forensically"??  Do we need a Weinberg-English dictionary?

I love forensically for this. It implies tracing a chain of cause
backwards, in a clinical, detached, bloodless way. With each step of
the regression, possibilities are narrowed down to fit the reality
that we think we know now - the corpus. I'm saying that the corpus of
our observation is not the observer. The math is derived from the
physics, which is inexplicably given, as well as the physics being
derived from math (which is inexplicably given as well, but it's logic
is so compelling that it seduces us into imagining otherwise). What
quarks do is not automatically what any imaginable hypothetical quark-
analog would do. We see atoms behave in a way that can be explained by
a quark model and then imagine that we can make a quark by exporting
that model with sufficient detail into a computer. The model is a
metaphor, it's not really something independent of our minds and
bodies.