On 7/22/2011 9:05 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Jul 22, 10:18 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
  Of course if you
have to model it at the quark level, you might as well make your
artificial neuron out of quarks and it won't be all that "artificial".
Actually, I think it would have to be a real quark (if quarks even
'exist'). The bottom line is that silicon is already made of
something. We can project our own sense and motives through silicon,
but whatever we project is only an exterior that faces our
observation. It's interior remains a silicon interior, unable to
precipitate a larger structure that has a biological spectrum of

The behavior of a quark isn't mathematically inevitable in all
possible universes, it's math is forensically reverse engineered from
our observations. To simulate those observations doesn't bring the
unobservable interiority of the original into simulated existence.

"Forensically"??  Do we need a Weinberg-English dictionary?