Bruno Marchal wrote:

>>> If that can happen.
>> I hope so! Playing is great, but every particular game is boring at
>> some
>> point.
>

> Not the infinite games. In infinite games (like Conway's game of life,
> or like with programming computers, or plausibly other life and big
> bangs ...) there are always new participants, and unexpected
> situations. It is both fun and scary. (leading to the unavoidable
> conflict between security and freedom).
I think both Conway's game of life and convential computer progamming will
become boring at some point. The insights gained through them and most
importantly, their fun, are quite limited. I cannot imagine having boundless
creative blissful fun with Conway's game of life or C++, and I think
boundless creative bliss is where we want to go, and will go.

Conway's game is just too mechanical. There are much better/efficient views
on the computations that Conway's game can represent then Conway's game
itself.