On Jul 27, 11:05 am, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > On Jul 25, 10:08 pm, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > You say the question is meaningless but then answer it in the
> > affirmative.
>
> > The answer is as affirmative as it is negative. Consciousness is
> > partially separable and partially inseparable from brain function.
>
> This sounds like a logical contradiction, which would be a hint that your
> theory might contain a flaw.
>
> Jason

Not at all. One side of a coin faces a separate side of the room than
the other side. Maybe heads faces a red light that shines on it's
surface, turning on and off suddenly every hour, while tails faces a
blue light that gradually gets brighter and dimmer over day long
cycles. Now make the coin out of paper so that each side can be seen
to some extent through the other. The two experiences are partially
separable and partially inseparable.  Now make the paper into a tube
filled with smoke and you have a continuum like I describe in ACME-
OMMM (http://s33light.org/ACMEOMMM) where the red heads end gradually
bleeds into the blue tails end, and they in fact meet each other as an
involuted Moebius loop, with red and blue most clashing on one side
right where violet is deepest on the other.

Craig