On 8/7/2011 11:07 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 8/6/2011 11:44 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

Please note that according to experimental results (see the
book mentioned in my previous message), pain comes after the
event. For example when you touch a hotplate, you take your
hand back not because of the pain. The action actually happens
unconsciously, conscious pain comes afterward.

Evgenii http://blog.rudnyi.ru

Which invites the question, was it pain before you were conscious
of it? Would it have been pain if you'd never become conscious of

I would say just a series of neuron spikes, what else? I mean that
in the skin there is some receptor that when it is hot excites some
 neuron. That neuron excites some other neurons and eventually your
 muscle move your hand. You see it differently?

No, but some neuron excites some other neuron is all that happens
later in your brain too. So where does it become pain? Is it when
those neurons in your brain connect the afferent signal with the
language modes for "pain" or with memories of injuries or with a
vocal cry?

This is exactly the Hard Problem. Another example is our visual experience. What we see is reconstructed by our brains. The question is however who observes it. How brain creates the Cartesian theater and who sits there?

These are questions that are considered from the viewpoint of neuroscience in the book that I have already mentioned: