On 14 Aug 2011, at 16:38, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Does the idea of this machine solve the Hard Problem of Consciousness,
or are qualia something more than ideas?

Quite cute little physical implementation of a Turing machine.

Read Sane04, it explains how a slight variant of that machine, or how some program you can give to that machine, will develop qualia, and develop a discourse about them semblable to ours, so that you have to treat them as zombie if you want have them without qualia. They can even understand that their solution is partial, and necessary partial. Their theories are clear, transparent and explicit, unlike yours where it seems to be hard to guess what you assume, and what you derive.

But then you admit yourself not trying to really convey your intuition, and so it looks just like "racism": "you will not tell me that this (pointing on silicon or a sort of clock) can think?" I don't take such move as argument.