On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Colin Geoffrey Hales <
cgha...@unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> [...]
Colin and Craig,

Imagine that God has such a machine on his desk, which he uses to compute
the updated positions of each particle in some universe over each unit of
Planck time.  Would you agree it is possible for the following to occur in
the simulation:

1. Stars to coalesce due to gravity and begin fusion?
2. Simple biological molecules to forum?
3. Simple single-celled life forms to evolve
4. More complex multi-cellular life forms to evolve?
5. Intelligent life forms to evolve (at least as intelligent as humans)?
6. Intelligent life in the simulation to solve problems and develop culture
and technology?
7. For that intelligent life to question qualia?
8. For that intelligent life to define the hard problem?
9. For those beings to create an interconnected network of computers and
debate this same topic?

If you disagree with any of the numbered possibilities, please state which
ones you disagree with.

Thanks,

Jason