On 8/16/2011 10:16 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
It's not only possible, it absolutely is otherwise. I move my arm. I
determine the biochemical reactions that move it. Me. For my personal
reasons which are knowable to me in my own natural language and are
utterly unknowable by biochemical analysis. It's hard for me to accept
that you cannot see the flaw in this reasoning.

It's not a flaw in his reasoning, it's description at a different level. While it is no doubt true that you, the whole you, determine to move your arm; it seems not to be the case that the *conscious* you does so. Various experiments starting with Libet show that the biochemical reactions that move it occur before you are conscious of the decision to move it.