On 03 Sep 2011, at 14:59, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:
Stathis,

I do not understand you. It is not me, it is you who are talking about souls. I have just asked you to explain the phenomenon that I observe and
you have not done it yet.

Well, either the atoms got into the book by following the rules of
physics or they got there by magic. What other options are there? This
does not mean that the rules of physics are all known, all
deterministic or all computable; but whatever they are, the atoms in
the universe bounce around according to them and end up in books,
stars and people.

Hmm... Here you are too quick. I will say more in my reply to Evgenii. I understand you are locally correct, most plausibly, but if some atoms go into books, it must be done because those atom stories are shared by "reasonable" infinities of computations. Up to now, we don't know if those are not too many.

I understand that few grasp the 'hard problem of MATTER', but you can't justify throwing away the 'marmelade-magic' of the mind, by introducing a (different one, sure) 'marmelade-magic' in matter.

But perhaps this is too much advanced, I don't know. Take it easy, it might be just a point of pedagogy. I should not intervene, but I can' help myself :)