On 12/28/2011 12:29 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
I have attended a class

Introduction to AI
http://www.ai-class.com

and there are two interesting videos from it about self-driving cars:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_BJUBpuvFE

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqDvbguZsAA

I have no idea if this are Lobian machines or not (such a term has not been mentioned in the class, it looks like that engineers unaware of it). Yet I guess it is a good object to discuss what is perception, qualia, conscious, etc.

Another question would be if such a car could be considered as an observer in quantum

I don't know whether it's a Lobian machine or not; I guess that depends on its program. But I'm pretty sure that being a big macroscopic thing with lots of degrees of freedom and interaction with the environment it will "collapse" wave functions.

Brent

mechanics.

Evgenii

http://blog.rudnyi.ru