>So a self-driving car is probably much more close to have a first
>person view than a rock, especially if you make it possible for the
>car to memorize its short term instances of computation (sensing,
>planning, etc.) into a "long scenario involving herself".

Good point. Thanks Bruno. A self-driving car does have an estimate of its current state and then it updates it both internally and based on external measurements. It also makes some planning, soft of what to do next.

Yet, if we consider a self-driving car and a rock from the viewpoint of physicalism (or could be even better atomism), then the difference will be much more difficult to find. After all there are in both cases interacting electrons and nuclei (well probably some electromagnetic waves as well) and nothing more.

Evgenii